Sunday, January 17, 2010

A warm welcome at The Brasenose Arms

Last night I played a solo show at The Brasenose Arms where I met up with owner and old friend Alan. It’s been about 10 years since we last had a chance to catch up as I used to play for him when he ran the Blues Room in Painswick. He never forgot my music or the songs from back then.

Alan put the word out around the area and it was a packed house with very little room to breathe.

The Brasenose is set in a beautiful village on the River Cherwell and dates back over 100 years. Back in The Blues Room days Alan used to create Pizza’s with names of famous blues singers, but this time I had a Steak & Ale stew with mash, Highly recommended.

It’s show time. Since last seeing Alan I’ve recorded several more CD’s with Armadillo, so I kicked off with a few from when he last saw me and then some of the songs they never heard. Well most of this village are seeing me for the very first time. As for me, it was so hard to decide what song to do next or when to stop for a break. It was getting so good up there. Cold and wet outside, inside was feeling about 30c.

All in all I had a wonderful time meeting everyone in between sets and after the show. If I have the chance to come back thru UK, I would love to drive back up there and see the area on my days off. I do want to say Thank You to all that came out to meet me and Thank You to Alan and Karen for making me feel at home.

EUGENE HIDEAWAY BRIDGES